FAQ - Licensing
This FAQ provides questions and answers on how to order, manage and troubleshoot licenses for PCoIP products
FAQ - Purchasing
- Order: How can I purchase or obtain a license?
- Change Order: How can I change an existing order (split, merge, extend, renew, co-term)?
- Account: How can I see the licenses that I have purchased?
FAQ - Setup
FAQ - Activating
- Online Activation: I need help activating my license?
- Darksite Activation: I need help activating my license using a darksite process
FAQ - Troubleshooting
- Cannot Connect: I'm getting licensing errors when trying to establish a PCoIP connection. How do I fix?
- Delete: How to return or recover licenses from deleted VMs.
- Transfer: How do I transfer a licenses from one virtual host to a different virtual host?
- Download: I cannot download the firmware/software. How can this be fixed?
FAQ - Related Articles
FAQ - Answers
Your account team can assist you in purchasing licenses either via a local Teradici distributer or via the Teradaci e-Store. If you have purchased a Zero Client or Workstation Access Card recently, you are eligible for a complementary Desktop Access or HP Anyware Subscription.
- To find contact information on your account team and info on how to purchase: account contact info.
- To find a Teradici Reseller in your region: reseller contact info.
- If you have purchased a Zero Client, you can register your purchase: register your new Zero Client.
- If you have purchased a Workstation Access Card: register your new Remote Workstation Card.
To make a change to an existing order, submit a change order request and provide the following information:
- Provide the license activation keys that you would like to change.
- Describe in detail, what you would like changed.
We will review the request and provide guidance for how to accomplish your change order goal.
Note on early renewals:
- The new licenses take effect from the day the new licenses are issued.
- The old licenses are provided 2 weeks of grace period before expire, e.g. their expiry dates will be reset as the new effective date + 14 days of grace period.
- The new licenses are required to get activated within the 14 days of grace period in order to avoid licenses out of order.
Contact your internal license administrator as they do have access to all licenses via the Teradici secure license portal or login to your portal to see all licenses.
- How to login to the portal?
- How to get an account on the licensing portal?
- How to obtain a list of purchased Management Console Licenses?
- How to obtain a list of purchased HP Anyware Licenses?
- If you have been configured for access but forgot your login ID or password, use the link here.
- If you require access to the portal, contact you license administrator or create a case on the Teradici support site. Be prepared to provide a valid activation key and the name and e-mail address of a contact person who should have access.
If using management console, the license are installed directly on the MC console.
If using HP Anyware, you can use either a local license server or a cloud based licensing service.
These link will take you to a FAQ that shows the installs steps.
A license may not activate if it has expired, been activated on another machine, or if the access to the Teradici license activation server is being blocked.
- HP Anyware Licensing Service
- License Format: YYYYYYYYYY@XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
- Troubleshooting Guide: Registration Code does not take, what should I look for to correct?
- HP Anyware Local License Server
- License Format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
- Troubleshooting Guide: My key does not activate on my local license server, what could be wrong?
- Teradici Management Console
- License Format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
- Troubleshooting Guide: My license key does not activate on my management console, what could be wrong?
- Option 1: The easiest way to activate your license is to use the online activation process. Once licenses are activated, you machine can be moved to a dark site environment (i.e. restrict ability to access the internet)
- Option 2: If opening up the machine to the internet for a short period of time to allow activation is not an option, then there are dark site activation processes for both HP Anyware and Management Console. The details link will provide the steps.
- HP Anyware: How to activate HP Anyware licenses on a dark site (offline) environment?
- Management Console: How to activate MC licenses on a dark site (offline) environment.
Cannot Connect: I'm getting licensing errors when trying to establish a PCoIP connection. How do I fix?
The PCoIP session could not be established since the PCoIP Agent was unable to checkout a license from its license pool. This happens when:
- All available licenses are already in use, or have expired.
- The PCoIP Agent or the local license server is not started or not configured correctly (config problem)
- The local license server or cloud licensing service could not be reached (network problem, ports not open)
- The VMware Horizon agent is installed on the same machine as the HP Anyware Agent.
To fix follow the licensing troubleshooting guide.
If you delete your Management Console or your Local License Server then you license will still be locked.
To recover the licenses, you will need to create a case. Provide details on the machine that was deleted and also provide the license activation code that was deleted. Teradici support will respond with corrective actions.
License can be transferred from one host to another host.
- How can I move my registration code from one PCoIP agent to a different PCoIP agent?
- How can I move my local license server key into my cloud server (or vice versa)?